Rachel and I connected through Instagram when I posted about how much I adored her nativity scene string art portrait on My Favorite Biblical Christmas Gifts and Décor on Etsy post. I had never seen this type of art before, and was blown away by her talent.
Before you enter the giveaway below, let me tell you about Rachel and her shop, Distant Realms.
About Rachel and Distant Realms
Rachel opened Distant Realms in order to help put her husband through seminary, and also to fund her love of plants, dogs, cats, chocolate, and beautiful things. Rachel specializes in string art and gold foil paintings — and she says that her favorite pieces are the ones she makes alongside her customers to create a piece that is meaningful to them.
Rachel has found strength through her artwork. She says, “Back in 2015 my life changed. It was both the best and worst year of my life. I struggled to beat depression, and one of the tools I used was artwork. Art helped save my life.”
She also says, “God works in incredible ways, and despite the heartbreak of that year I came out stronger and loving life more than ever. In the mornings when I wake, I cannot believe that my job is to make artwork that I love. Working with customers to create beautiful wall art that makes them smile gives me joy and purpose. From start to finish, my pieces are made with precision, care, and joy.”
The verses Rachel clung to during that time, and still clings to are from Psalm 40:1-3: “I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.”
Rachel is giving away this infinity love string art, which would make a great anniversary, wedding, engagement, or Valentine’s Day gift! I personally see this as a true reminder of who God is: infinite love.
If you have put your faith in Jesus Christ, you are secured in his love. You are bound by his love, and his love is limitless. His love is never-ending, never-ceasing. We know this throughout the entirety of Scripture, and here are a few verses that reflect this truth:
- “For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)
- But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness. (Psalm 86:15)
- For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him. (Psalm 103:11)
- I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. (Jeremiah 31:3)
- The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies are new every morning; they never come to an end; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
- [Nothing] will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:39)
- There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. We love because he first loved us. (1 John 4:18-19)
I’m so blessed to have connected with another sister in Christ who is using her struggles to bring Him glory! Best of luck to everyone entering the giveaway — and don’t forget to shop Distant Realms for Rachel’s other stunning pieces.
Enter the giveaway!
Giveaway closes on Thursday, June 15th at 11:59 pm CST. Winner will be announced on Friday, June 16th!
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, or Etsy. We hereby release these platforms of any liability. Winner(s) will be contacted by email 48 hours after the giveaway ends.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.